Adding a Video or Sound File to YouTube
Firstly, to add videos or audio to the South Bristol Riverscapes channel on YouTube, you need to contact Helen for the YouTube account details.
1) Once you are logged in to YouTube, click on the yellow "Upload" button on the top right. (See below - I've highlighted the upload button in a red box.)
2) Next, click on the 'Upload Video' button near the top of the screen, as highlighted below in a red box. A box will appear showing the files on your computer - browse your computer and find the video or audio file, in the same way as you'd add an attachment to an email.
3) You should next see a green tick next the name of the file you uploaded. If you don't, something went wrong so start this process again.
If everything went as it should, you'll see a form to fill in. Give your video/audio a title, description, tags (keywords that sum up what your video is about), a category, and tick the right box according to whether you want your video/audio to be private or open for the world to see (you need to select the latter for your video to appear on this site).
Then click "Save Changes".
4) You should then see a success message highlighted in green on the screen. Next click on the "Embed and Sharing Options" link which is just above this green area.
5) You'll see a line of code in a box next to the word "embed". Copy that code (using your mouse - select it and right click so that a little menu appears - and the select "copy"). And then paste it into the "Video Link" or "Audio Link" box on this website when you're adding your video/audio!
6) If you are wanting to add a video that you've got on your mobile, at step 2, select the white "upload from mobile" button on the right near the top, and you'll see a prompt of where to send the video from your phone.
7) If you want to embed a link to a file that's already on YouTube, find the file using the search features on YouTube, and when you're viewing it, on the right find the "embed" link box (highlighted with a red box around it on the right below).