Uploading River Resources Guide
To add resources to the rivers on the site, pleaes follow the instructions below. You can add images, sound files and videos to the site. Please read this whole guide before beginning to add a resource. If you are adding a single photo, you can do the whole process on this site. If you are adding multiple photos as an album, or are adding a video or sound file, you will need to add these to other social media sites first (instructions are available later in this article) and then simply link them into this site.
1) Login using your River Group username and password.
2) Click on Maps in the main menu and navigate to the map you wish to add a resource to.
3) Because you are logged in, you will see a grid over the map (if you weren't logged in, there wouldn't be a grid). Click on the point where you would like to add your resource. Please try to avoid clicking on a word/adding a pin over a word on the map.
4) Once you've clicked, you'll see a dragon fly appear on the point you selected, and some yellow options will appear. From the yellow options, select whether you are adding a photo/photos, video or sound file.
5) Next simply fill in the form you're presented with. Please give your upload as informative title as possible and write as much in the description box as possible as this will help it get found on the search page when people search by keyword. Eg. if there are animals in a photo you're adding, please mention the types of animals in the description box. Also please mention the location of where this took place; maybe the name of the road or the part of the river.
If you're adding a photo, you can upload it by clicking on "change image" and locating it on your computer as you would add an attachment to an email. If you're adding an album, then it's ideal if you can upload one picture from it using the "change image" function, and then insert the link to the flickr album in the "album link" box.
If you're adding a video or audio file, please insert the YouTube embed link into the "video link" box or "audio link" box. You can read instructions on using YouTube here.
Then click"Add Resource" to save it!